Earlier on in the week, Daily Nation ran an advert for a certain company looking companies to prequalify for the supply of various goods and services. As usual, I decided to google the company to find out more about it. So their website had a lot of narratives on solutions they are offering; connecting land-owners who cannot secure financing from banks to other investors.
On the face of it, this looked noble. But I decided to lift the veil on the company’s incorporation and see who are the directors or who people who sit on its board and to my surprise, no single name was given as is the norm with serious companies.
To cut the long story short, these are my assessments of a fraud in waiting:
1. The company has not listed who sits on its board on their website nor do we know any details on their management.
2. The company was incorporated in the year 2017 (last year).
3. The company has no track record of previous projects undertaken by their “investors”.
4. What business does an online real estate firm have to do with tenders for maize and other cereals?
5. A new startup company renting a whole floor at Mirage Plaza Westlands to me looks like they want to fake success to unsuspecting potential clients and then con them.
6. Why charge a Kshs. 5,000.00 fee to collect a form?
Lastly, in my honest assessment, I believe when tenders will be awarded, people who supply on credit goods worth millions of shillings to this new company will come back after 30 days for payment and find their offices locked.
Stay woke my country people. A song by Ukoo Flani Mau Mau once said that ” Nairobi ni kwa wezi na Malaya”. So don’t trust what you see.
Nairobi is a fraud. I mean, some idiots buy a bottle of whiskey at those pricey joints 12,000 yet the same bottle costs 5,000. So people have to conjure all ways and means of defrauding Kenyans.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.