The National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) is on its death bed. A new scandal has emerged.
The neo-liberalists, the worst form of capitalism are laughing all the way to the bank sitting in expensive forums in high-end hotels and shafting us without mercy.
The once better-managed government agency has now become a den of thieves.
The board which is supposed to supervise the other senior management are all in the game of looting together.
Ms. Hannah Muriithi is clueless about managing NHIF, all she wakes, sleeps, walks and thinks is how to defraud it.
The board is not serving the interests of wananchi, the elderly funds have been looted (Ksh2.2 Billion), the money meant for hospitals which are run by churches has been looted (Ksh2 billion), billions are stolen and stashed in foreign bank accounts.
Ms. Hannah who chest-thumps that she knows higher-ups in government and that ‘nothing can be done to her’.
She is a law unto herself.
The board must be disbanded and a new one constituted before Ms. Hannah collapses NHIF.
Dictator Hannah Muriithi
The below documents the way the dictator and slayqueen Hannah Muriithi does conduct herself:
- She calls meetings with the board 3-4 times a week and draws allowances yet Mwongozo (The Code of Governance for State Corporations) and the Act states that the board of management should only meet once a quarter.
- She also excludes the CEO (now acting Nicodemus Odongo, whom she handpicked from NSSF) from the meetings so that she drives like an executive chair which she is not.
- She fires staff who don’t dance to her tune
- She has intimidated the board and runs it as a one-man show
- She calls hospitals and asks them to give her kickback for the payments they receive. She makes deals with hospitals and insists on her kickback once the hospitals are paid. (we revealed this yesterday. The church hospitals haven’t been paid over 1 billion shillings and she is asking fir bribes so as to pay them)
- She fired the Human Resources (HR) Director for not dancing to her tune and for exposing her corrupt deals. She is firing staff and interdicting others without due process.
- She is making deals and intimidating finance to pay her suppliers first.
- She brags to be connected and no one can intimidate her.
- She bought 4 houses in English point marina at coast in the short time she has been at NHIF.
- She is not appointing a CEO so that she can use the puppet Nicodemus Odongo to loot NHIF to the ground. Odongo and his tribesmen get all the tenders at NHIF. Everything else is at a stand still.
Good afternoon Nyakundi,
Thanks for highlighting corruption at the NHIF.
The NHIF has not paid capitation fees to any facility across Kenya in this quarter. Payments ought to have been done by October.
Facilities are unable to offer services as even ‘Fee For Service’ isn’t paid! This has made facilities like Aga Khan Kisumu to be unable to offer services to the NHIF clients. Other facilities are soon following suit as their monies owed are ranging up to 70 million a facility (For example, the Catholic church hospitals are owed over 1.7 billion)
Association for Private Hospitals does nothing even help meet the NHIF hence the coming up of The Rural Hospitals Associations which is trying to handle the plight of hospitals.
Hospitals are downsizing, people are innocently losing jobs due to the choking unpaid NHIF claims /debts owed to hospitals
NHIF are NOT paying boss.
If you are working at NHIF and are tired of the looting going on there, send information to email@example.com or WhatsAPP 0710 280 973
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.