Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Cyprian Is Nyakundi

News

Star Newspaper Paid Off By Safaricom to Delete Article Covering Sylvia Mulinge’s Murder Case.

Caption:Safricom Killer Director Sylvia Mulinge

The Star newspaper is under the spotlight for deleting articles covering the murder of a minor by Safaricom Director of Consumer Business from their Website.

Sylvia Mulinge had lodged a fresh bid at the High Court to scuttle her prosecution for killing a child by dangerous driving. Sylvia Mulinge allegedly caused the child s death on February 1, 2015, on the Southern By-pass, Nairobi.

She appeased the child’s parents with a Ksh950K payoff, the court was told.

“A seeming delay in the prosecution of the matter has prompted the International Centre of Policy and Conflict (ICPC) to seek enjoinder in the case in which she is opposing her prosecution after the dead child’s spirit haunted the DPP to recall the file for further action.

ICPC interest in the case, lawyer Soyinka Lempaa, explained is to check the indolence and inaction experienced earlier, that may be revisited by the authorities who handled the case.

And for the sake of public interest” – Justice Now Kenya Site that follows and reports court cases had reported.

It is not known why Safaricom management is willing to pay-off media to be mute on a matter of public interest that involves their director that killed a minor due to drink driving. Further information indicates that Sylvia Mulinge has threatened to stop all Safaricom advertisements that are usually given to the Radio Africa group that owns major shares at the Star Newspaper.

Caption: The article Star Newspaper was paid-off the delete 

Former Nairobi Governor Evans Kidero has a 33% stake in The Star newspaper with the other 67% still under Radio Africa Limited.

This is not the first time the Star Newspaper is being accused of deleting articles critical of Safaricom. In March 2017, Patrick Quarcoo was Paid Kshs. 15 Million To Pull Down Safaricom Murder Articles On Radio Africa Websites.

A scan through all Kenyan media houses shows no coverage of the case confirming that all media houses had been prevailed upon not to cover the case. Media is supposed to inform without fear and favor but in Kenya, it is the opposite.

Many Kenyans are wondering why Safaricom is keeping a director accused of killing a minor/having a murder case in court. Many believe this symbolizes the impunity and madness in private sector since Mulinge may try to use the Safaricom resources to frustrate the case.

As the Cyprian Nyakundi media team, we will keep dishing out information without fear and favour.


Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.


Comments

comments

 
Click to comment

Facebook

You May Also Like

News

In the same month he was accused of assaulting a slay queen at a 5-star hotel in Mombasa, former UNCTAD Secretary-General Mukhisa Kituyi has...

News

CAPTION: Local socialite Bridget Achieng’s goods in their fresher days In yet another enervating episode of “Women are their own worst enemies”, a once...

News

Impala Club is at a crossroads; bedevilled by scandals after scandals. Cnyakundi.com has learnt of allegations of land grab involving 23 acres that belong...

General

The family of a 23 years old lady from Eastleigh are worried after she was kidnapped in Eastleigh Shopping Centre on Tuesday at around...

Copyright © 2021 Cyprian Is Nyakundi.

%d bloggers like this: