However, some people beg to differ with the above.
A group has written to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) to launch investigations against on what it termed as ‘theft of public money by County cartels under Governor Kivutha Kibwana’
Below is the full letter:
Director of Criminal Investigation
P.O. Box 30036-00100
20th May, 2019
RE: INVESTIGATE THE FOLLOWING PROJECTS FUNDED BY MAKUENI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
Through public funds but is a clear theft of public money by County cartels under Governor Kivutha Kibwana.
1. Thwake Bridge – a proposed bridge across Thwake River to connect Muvau and Kalawa Wards in Makukeni County.
The project was funded by the County Government between 2015 to 2017 financial year budget to a tune of Kshs. 220 Million.
It was contracted to Prime Quantifiers Limited Company owned by Mr. Paul Matheka (who undertakes major projects of county like email Bus Park and others).
The company constructed only seven (7) pillars clearly visible across the river and was paid a total of Kshs. 220 million in Jul – August 2018. A single concrete pillar costed over Kshs. 30 million.
2. Water Drilling Rig – Records shows it was directly imported from India by the County Government contrary to procurement regulations.
Further details reveals that a company by name Biomax was paid for the equipment and duty paid.
Over Kshs. 40 million was used for the purchase of the equipment but to date the equipment is not registered with NTSA Tims account as required by law.
The machine has never been functioned since 2016 to date.
3. Shina Foundation – this foundation is owned by Nazi Kivutha the wife of Governor Kivutha.
It is contracted by the County Government of Makueni through the department of Gender to undertake family planning, youth empowerment and other activities on behalf of the government and is funded by the County Government for example in 30/06/2013, Nazi Kivutha received two cheques totaling to approximately Kshs. 4,000,000 from department of gender for girls sanitary towels and dinner at Panafric Hotel.
4. Kalamba Fruit plant – Funded from 2013 to a tune of Kshs. 1 billion. This is white elephant project that has no value for money and never benefited the people of Makueni. It has never produced anything for the market as it publicly purported to be. It is currently producing mineral water for unknown water company. No revenue has ever been declared from the plant and not accessible for media and public scrutiny.
5. Chullu Valley water Project – Funded by the County Government at a cost of Kshs. 24 million. The project was to provide water pipeline from Chullu to Mtito-andei town in 2015. Only pipes were laid down for a 24 kilometre distance but no water to date.
6. Ngwingithya water project in Kikumbulyu South and northwards in Kibwezi County Government spent Kshs. 10 million through Muombe Contractors Ltd to rehabilitate the community water project in 2014 but nothing was done as at now
7. Masongaleni Water Project
County Government spent Kshs. 26 Million through cartels companies. But nothing is on the ground in Masongaleni Ward in Kibwezi East.
8. Kathasyo Dispensary in Nguu-Masumba Ward County Government spent over Kshs. 5 million and constructed a structure for the dispensary on privately owned land.
After completion the land owner went to court and the project stalled to date. Public Funds used without due diligence.
9. Masamukye Cultural Centre in Nguu Masumba Ward County Government spent Kshs. 10 million for the cultural centre which does not exist todate.
10. Wote town Water Project County Government spent over Kshs. 40 Million to construct a water dam along Kaiti River in Wote Ward between 2014 – 2016 financial years
Sub-standard work was done by a company associated with Mr. Muunda a Chairman of Muungano Party that sponsored Governer Kivutha in 2013. The dam was washed away by rains and the project was abandoned.
11. Katilini dam in Kiima Kiu – Kalanzoni Ward in Kilome Constituency. A dam constructed by colonial farmers in 60s and has been the source of water for the Mavivye Settlement Scheme residents.
The County government undertook rehabilitation works in 2014 that led to the weakening of the dam walls and eventually washed away.
The repeated same poor work in 2016 and was washed away again.
This year they have done the same and signs are that it will be washed again.
The questions residents are asking are:
a) Who is the contractor since County Government equipments have been used for the works?
b) Over 20 million have been spent of the works without success meaning public money is being misused.
12. ENE radio FM Funded by the County Government since 2013 to date Equipped using public funds and leased to Governor Kivutha’s confidant Peter Kiuluku Casmoko Contractors Ltd Company in September 2016.
They use frequencies from ATG Radio owned by Apostle Musili 99.9FM
Repair, maintenance and payment of staff is done by the County Government but all adverts by the County Government departments is done through the radio and paid to Casamoko Contractors in Stanbic Bank Waiyaki Way Branch account No. 01000o3920482.
The station is housed at MAP buildings at Wote Town owned by County Government of Makueni.
Casamoko has also leased ‘SSKy Hotel in Emali town owned by Kivutha Kibwana.
The hotel is currently the venue for County Government functions like seminars and conferences and County Government pay for the expenses.
The above information will lead your investigation to access documents on procurements and any other relevant document from the County Government departments.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.