The corruption-laden Irene Mureithi led Child Welfare Society of Kenya (CWSK) fired long-serving staff members who are now appealing that decision.
The employees some of who have worked for more than 30 years were just send a text on their phones, announcing their termination.
No respect for employee rights and service to the firm. The reason for termination was not even given.
If the series of articles that we’ve carried on this site under “Slavery In Kenya’, hasn’t shifted the minds of intelligent Kenyans, then nothing will.
Injustice will often be committed upon you if you allow it. Kenyans working in horrid conditions, it is time you stop the comfort zoning, use courts, ask things physically, use your mind to avoid things that make you helpless such that you cannot escape slavery.
Kenyan Workers Stand Up For Your Rights!
APPEAL OUR TERMINATION
We have been dedicated employee of child welfare society of Kenya (Isiolo branch)
- Esther Nkirote worked from 1980-2017
- Mary Gaceri worked from 1995-2017
- Jane Njeri worked from 2014-2017
- Fridah Gathure worked from 2013-2017
We were called by our administrator Judith Nkirote to fill annual leave forms which was to start on 26th June 2017 to 27th July 2017.
While on leave we received an SMS on 12th July 2017 all of us, from administrator Judith Nkirote to see the human resource Kenneth Ngige in our (HQ) headquarter Nairobi on date 14th July 2017.
We went to see (HR) where we met him and told us our contract was over; we asked him why he did not inform us while we were filling annual leave forms if that was the plan.
We told him (Ken) we thought it was a normal leave and be back to our daily duties of work. We were shocked, we asked Mr. Ken whether they is no notice in job plan or someone is sent home anyhowly, he declined to tell us the reason of termination, and we felt aggrieved.
Secondly, we took a step of going to Kenya Union of Domestic, Hotels, Educational Institutions, Hospitals and Allied Workers (KUDHEIHA), where we are members. We held several meetings to seek our case. At the office of Kudheiha Mr. Martin sent two representatives at Nairobi to attend the meeting.
The first meeting was held in Nairobi, Esther Nkirote and Mary Gaceri represented other members. In the meeting there was CWSK financial officer and our members.
During the discussion, Mr. Maina, financial officer tried to convince our members Esther and Mary to withdraw the case from the union so as to pay us but they rejected. In the end, Mr. Maina said he will come to meet the appealing group.
In the beginning October 2018, Mr. Maina came to Isiolo accompanied by senior construction manager Peter Githinji, whereby they met appealing members Esther and Mary. They chose the two because they have worked for many years in the branch at Isiolo; Kudheiha officer Mr. Martin also was present
Mr. Martin showed them how he had calculated all our dues according to the constitution of the union workers (Copy attached)
Mr. Maina and Mr.Peter Githinji requested the union to be given a duration of three weeks for them to sit down with the management at Nairobi (C.W.S.K), specifically C.E.O –Irene Mureithi.
They never turned up, it took more than two months for Mr. Martin to take a step of going to labor office after finding out there was no response, The labor officer, at Meru for two more meetings, but CWSK representatives never turned up.
Lastly, when they received certificate of court issued by labor officer Mr. Gichui, they pleaded with the labor officer to be given another chance of sitting, but labor officer told them to go back to the union officer Mr. Martin Murugo (Phone number withheld). Who moved forward to labor officer and gave them another chance of sitting
We the appealing members were called from different places to attend the meeting in Meru of which a person whom we never knew before called himself a lawyer from CWSK by name G.G Kariuki attended the meeting as a representative, though he said he never understood our case” he said he was new”.
In the meeting nothing was talked to our satisfaction in relation to our requirements, labor officer Mr. Gichui told the union officer to move to the court for there is nothing we can solve going by the way CWSK was misbehaving and yet he was issued a certificate.
QUESTIONS OF CONCERN:
- We are asking why they are doing this to us.
- What happens and a certificate of court was issued for our case to be processed KUDHEIHA WORKERS OFFICE Tel no: (Removed)
- Why it is the whole meetings carried out are not fruitful?
- Why do they sack us without any good reasons and they have been employing new employees after termination eg.relatives.
- Why do they employ only relatives, family members or husband and wife in the headquarters e.g. (a) Procurement manager Mdm Catherine Kiiru, the husband is a foreman manager Isiolo branch namely Mr. Peter Kiiru. (b) Peter Githinji is a building manager and a senior officer in the office a nephew to C.E.O Iren Murithi and so many others like drivers, maintenance in the branches.
- What is the work of human resource Kenneth Ngige and yet he remains silent while people are being sacked
- Why doesn’t C.W.S.K (HQ) have a board of directors for them to sit down terminating workers, C.W.S.K workers are terminated by human resource and C.E.O (why)
- What is the term limit of a C.E.O in the organization welfare for other 20 years has been directed by Irene Mureithi. (why)
- We are asking the allocation of money which the government is meant for luxuries or the maintenance of vulnerable children, children are being attacked by bedbugs and sleeping five in one bed e.g. Isiolo branch and others sleeping on floor (corridors)
Finally we are still waiting to see whether the organization will pay us our dues.
Last but not least we are ready to fight for our dues.
We kindly advice all the children welfare junior staffs to join any workers union e,g Housemothers, drivers, cooks, ECD teachers in the 47 counties.
- Document Shows A Driver At CWSK Has The Authority To Withdraw Money From Equity Bank
- Slavery In Kenya: Both Staff And Children At Child Welfare Society of Kenya Are Suffering
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.