Please keep my details private.
NHIF has truly gone to the Dogs
From the CEO not being able to account for 35 million that is paid to wrong accounts to him as the account officer paying the board of management 32 million per year is a Fund that is cash strapped. Kenyans are losing millions and there is no seriousness…all that remains is blame game.
The areas that have exposed the Fund to loss of cash is
1. The board of management making 32 million a year in a Fund that is cash-starved. The Board visits the NHIF offices pretending to hold meetings while harassing staff. They meet 20 days a month contrary to the Mwongozo which insists on once per quarter..How is the BOM going to control loss of funds if they are the ones eating mercilessly
2. The Board travels to branches Countrywide which is outside their mandate. In the process, they insult Branch staff calling names as bad as stupid.. This is all to instil fear so that they can talk to hospitals to oil their hands. Hospitals have attested to giving some of the members of the board money so that they can be paid faster, not considering if the documents are fraudulent..this is led by the Chairlady Mrs. Hannah Waitherero and notorious members like Mr. Kamau from Treasury.
3. The Acting CEO under the chairlady supply marketing items that are not needed..over procurement is a sign of corruption. The AG. CEO has centralized procurement and is buying marketing items in bulk. As much as NHIF is cash strapped, the Ag. CEO is not playing the part of cutting back. He has a line of suppliers from his tribe oversupplying branded items under the marketing department in HQ. The Ag CEO is also very partisan in working.. he has picked members of his tribe to be the dream team to run the fund. He has further moved all the budget to his office so that he can access as much finances as possible to fleece the fund
4. The Ag CEO is fraudulent in chasing per diems…Documents can be sourced of the CEO being paid 20 days travel every month with some of his trips payment overlapping. He is so notorious that the finance staff have refused to pay him because of the fraudulent claim on per-diem. He claims per diem while he never leaves the office.
5. NHIF Ag CEO is not vigilant to make changes that can drive NHIF
towards the realization of UHC. most of what he does is driven by the board. This has allowed a lot of intimidation on staff to not perform their duties as should be the case.
The above information is true and many needs to be done to change the face of NHIF starting from the top because the top is truly rotten. The new CS must disband the BOM and hire a new CEO who is not influenced or corrupt.