In January 2016, a local media house reported that scientist had sounded an alarm over food eaten at restaurants in Nairobi.
This was before the aflatoxin and cancer craze was eminent in the minds of the most forgetful and oppressed people: Kenyans.
Scientists said the foods could be laced with toxic chemicals.
The chemicals are either mixed with feeds for poultry, added to dairy products, used for deep frying, hasten the ripening of fruits or as preservatives.
Tests on samples of foods in markets and supermarkets have shown dangerous levels of toxins like calcium carbide, hydrogen peroxide, polychlorinated biphenyl-laden transformer oil, formalin and lead.
Public health experts and medical practitioners warned that the chemicals were responsible for a litany of ailments and complications.
This time, ARVs, the medicine used to manage HIV/AIDs patients were being fed to chicken to increase their appetite for food thus fatten them faster.
Cancer cases have risen and though still manageable, the public health facilities are not prepared for them.
In 2009, the late Kenya Bureau of Standards (Kebs) MD Kioko Mang’eli warned that cancer cases would be rampant in 10 -15 years as contaminated maize had been allowed into the country and was already in the market.
Kebs has recently banned 7 brands of peanut butter and 5 brands of maize meal for containing dangerous levels of aflatoxins. According to experts, aflatoxins attack the liver and can cause cancer.
Here below how the most unscrupulous people after Indians in Kenya; the Chinese are feeding you toxic rice in Kenyan restaurants.
I wish to report something I observed yesterday that is quite disturbing to know.
I was at the Chinese-founded supermarket along Ngong Road opposite space Lounge yesterday.
As I was waiting for the rains to subside, I watched as the workers came out with sack and were packing them on the company vehicle under the supervision of two Chinese men. A man with cigarette stained teeth and a short Chinese lady.
By chance one of the sacks tore open and I was able to take a peek at the contents.
Inside were foodstuffs that already were sprouting yellow veins. I inquired from one of the workers, a lady what they were. She advised me they were rice like foodstuffs from china which had been in the store for a long time and had started growing sprouts and thus could not be sold.
They had been instructed to pack and take them for grinding after which they will be cooked and sold in the restaurants.
I was shocked to learn this since the evidence of sprouts signifies high aflatoxins in any foodstuff.
I requested to take some but they quickly packed the gunny bags and drove off.
Kindly investigate this and save the masses
Attention Directorate of Criminal Investigations, start with these chinese situated at Ngong Road.
Send information about contaminated foodstuffs to email@example.com or WhatsAPP 0710 280 973
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.