Information reaching cnyakundi.com claims Wajir County Government payment system has been transferred to National treasury.
This has caused pain to finance officials in that county as suppliers cannot be paid.
They blame the Governor Mohamed Abdi Mohamud.
“Generation of Purchase order alias P.O (Purchase Order) No rights shifted to the national treasury officials by the first family of Wajir County. No procurement officer can now generate P.O.No as it stands. This is to deny all suppliers the right to be paid their dues”, wrote an anonymous source.
This site also saw an email addressed to the Controller of Budget, Ms Margaret Nyakang’o informing her of the illegal developments in that county.
In August 2020,Benane Ward MCA Abdi Mohamed Sheikh filed impeachment notice for alleged graft and abuse of office
Dear, Controller of Budget.
Kindly send your multi -agency team to Wajir County government to witness the following irregularities happening.
- Making payments in Nairobi with no physical files.
- Disregarding genuine pending bills.
- Payment duplication for the same project multiple times especially in roads department.
- Shifting IFMIS generation Purchase Order rights to National treasury officials and disabling the same rights from all procurement officers at the county.
- Swapping of companies in payment with other companies.
They want the authorities to investigate Wajir County Governor with the urgency it deserves.
In March 2016, more than Sh51 million belonging to Kilifi County was stolen and transferred to private companies through collusion of password holders and treasury officials.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.