Good evening Sir,
First and foremost, let me thank you for your continued good work you have been doing though quite risky and dangerous.
Well, I am a parent of the Good Testimony Junior School that is based at Embakasi Nyayo Estate.
The school management has become very insensitive and very rude with a don’t care attitude to us parents and guardians.
I say this because of the following issues:
- Despite the government directive that classes end at 1545 Hours (3:45 p.m) each day, the school has extended the school hours for classes 7 and 8 to 1700 hrs (5 p.m) every day. As much as this is to help our kids prepare for exams, they have forced most of us parents to be picking our kids from school after 5 pm since they are not willing to drop them to any other area apart from Nyayo Embakasi.
- For the parents who cannot afford to pick their kids from school at 5 pm, their kids are being removed from class at 1515 Hours (3:15 p.m) to be dropped with the lower classes students therefore denying them a half hour of studying with their peers who leave at 5pm.
- Whenever a parent complains, they are told if they cannot keep up with school policy they can as well get another school for their kids.
- In the morning hours, the same classes 7 and 8 start lessons at 6:30 a.m and the kids on school transport arrive at school by 8:30 a.m, hence denying the same students 1 and half hours or learning in the morning. When any parent seeks clarification on the same, you are told to either drop your child at school by 6:30 a.m or look for another school.
- The director has become very arrogant to a point of bragging to her friends that she runs her school the way she wants and that whatever decision she makes must be bound by all parents. She was heard recently telling her friends that she bought a v8 for 11 million shillings cash without any loan and that was money she has got from the Kshs. 2000 for 4 o’clock tea she has introduced to class seven and eight students last year.
Please help us to expose this school for being segragative to our kids who are not from rich families and who reside out of Nyayo Estate.
Some of us have transferred our kids to other schools but the poor pre-candidates (standard 7) and candidates (class 8) have to keep up with this mess since they cannot transfer at this juncture.
Thank you and God bless you.
Obviously there’s a case of mistreatment here, even sad that the new education system does not address this obsession with exams.
But, the ministry of education officials need to visit this school.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.