The pictures attached shows parts of the report of the Auditor General on the financial statements of the County Executive of Baringo for the year ended 30th June 2018.
The document lists Hon. Dr. David Sergon as the County Executive for Treasury and Economic Planning docket, supported by Jane Barus as the Chief Officer and David Rerimol as the Deputy Director for Accounting Services.
The report carries a sad story where public coffers are looted mercilessly in a corruption devolved from the central government.
There’s not much different between how people loot at the national government and how they do it at the local level.
The sad part which is the bottom-line is that the loser is ultimately the common man.
The attached parts of the report reveals things like:
- Unsustainable Projects – Rosoga Irrigation Scheme
- Irregular expenditure – Routine maintenance vehicle and other Transport Equipment
- Irregular procurement of Human Resources medicine at inflated process.
- Irregular allocation of funds – Foreign travel and subsistence: On this reallocation of funds, the report strongly comments that ‘no explanation has been proved for irregular reallocation’.
- Incomplete Project – Kabarnet Stadium
- Irregular procurement and supported expenditure – Construction of Buildings
- Stalled projects – Eldama Ravine milk processing plant.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.