The Nairobi Hospital is now sacking staff after hitting a struggling phase.
The hospital which has cashed in on the coronavirus pandemic wrote some letters of redundancy to lay off staff blaming the current economic situation for the move.
Laying off staff on flimsy grounds has never been a great move as research shows 1 in 3 cases lodged at the Employment and Labor Relations Court are won by sacked employees.
- Audit Report reveals massive looting at Nairobi Hospital
- The multi-Billion Scam that Got Nairobi Hospital’s CEO Allan Pamba Fired
RE: Notice of redundancy on your position
Further to the communication on organizational restructure, dated. 24. March 2021, the hospital had to declare some of the positions in the previous structure redundant due to the current financial and strategic direction of the hospital.
Regrettably, your position is among those restructured and has therefore been declared redundant. Therefore, in accordance with Section 40 of the Employment Act 2007, we give you notice of intention to declare your position redundant effective 30th April 2021.
As per your employment contract, the Hospital has worked out your terminal dues to be paid to you as follows:
- Salary and applicable allowances up to and including 30. April 2021.
- Severance pay at the rate of 15 days for every completed year of service. You have completed X years of service as at 30th April 2021.
- 1 months’ pay in lieu of notice as per your employment contract.
- Accrued annual leave of 0 days as at 30th April 2021.
- 0 Public Holidays earned but not compensated as at 30th
Provident Fund contributions in accordance with the Provident Fund Rules.
In addition to this, you will be granted
- Medical Cover up to six (6) months post-exit as per the policy.
Less applicable taxes and outstanding liabilities owed to the Hospital upon clearing with the Hospital
On behalf of the Board and Management, we take this opportunity to thank you for the service rendered to the Hospital and therefore we wish you the best in your future endeavors.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
CC: Payroll Officer; Personal file; Transition;
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.