It was a mass trial, many people condemned and termed it as a travesty of Justice. That is when an Egyptian court sentenced 37 muslim brotherhood members to death and 115 others to life imprisonment . An Egyptian court has ordered a re-trial of the fellas. This was a very unfair trial, you dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that . Egypt has been widely criticized for mistreating even journalists who are doing their Job and even violating their rights
Peter Greste, Qatari’s Al-Jazeera journalist-at-large has been languishing in jail for many months under the order of an Egyptian Court. During Mohammed Morsi’s as President of The Muslim Brotherhood Government it was found Greste had supported his terrorist regime. It was a very unfair trial and he needs to be heard too because the rest of Egypt did support him. I hope he will also get a re-trial and maybe freedom. Peter won an award some few months ago.
In Egypt, Christians are persecuted .The archbishop of Mosul was kidnapped and killed in 2008. Since 2004, over 70 churches, 42 of them in Baghdad, have been subjected to some form of attack. A recent notorious instance was the slaughter of 58 Christians during evening mass at the Syrian Catholic Cathedral in Baghdad in October 2010. Churches have been bombed in Baghdad and Mosul, seven on one day in July 2009 in Baghdad. The Christian population in Iraq, once a million and a half, is now less than 150,000.
During the Muslim brotherhood dangerous rule, various Fatwas ( Islamic Rulings ) were issued. “India Today” reported
The Fatwas issued by the Muslim Brotherhood regard women as strange creatures who are created solely for sex. They consider the voices of women, their looks and presence outside the walls of their homes an ‘offence’, suggesting women as a whole were offensive.”
Other officially issued Fatwas of note included:
• A prohibition on women “eating certain vegetables or even touching cucumbers or bananas”, due to their phallic imagery which could sexually tempt them.
• Women were ordered to “turn off air conditioners at home in the absence of their husbands as this could indicate to a neighbour that the woman is at home alone and any of them could commit adultery with her.”
• Upon reaching the age of 10, girls should be married “to prevent them from deviating from the right path.”
• A marriage would be annulled if a married couple engages in sexual intercourse unclothed.
• In order to bypass the Islamic law that women shouldn’t be in public with males they aren’t related to, it was ruled that women could “breastfeed male ‘acquaintances’ thereby making them relatives and justifying this mixed company”.
• Numerous Fatwas were authorised to use women as human shields during moments of violence.
• Seen as pagan images, Fatwas were issued that “advocated the destruction of the pyramids and the sphinx.”
• The execution of anyone who protested against the then-President Mohammed Morsi.
• Officially forbade Muslims from greeting any Christians.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.