, KISUMU, Kenya, Nov 18 – A magistrate court in Busia has granted police orders to hold four suspects allegedly involved in the killings of six people during a funeral ceremony in Busia.
Magistrate Samson Tumu Monday ordered that the four be held in custody for 14 days pending investigations following a request by the prosecution officer.
The suspects –Boniface Onyango, Carolyne Atieno, Kevin Omondi and Ronald Oduor –were arrested Sunday evening in Masebula village and were held at the Busia Police Station.
They did not take plea since the prosecution asked for more time to conclude investigations before pressing charges.
The arrest and subsequent arraignment in court came as a section of leaders from Kisumu demanded for justice.
The suspects arraigned in court on Monday are believed to have orchestrated the lynching of seven bouncers from Kisumu during the burial service of businessman Johannes Okoth Aduol in Bumula, Busia County.
Kisumu Woman Representative Rosa Buyu rallied county leaders to demand for justice for the bouncers killed adding the local leadership will not sit pretty until justice is served.
She said the killing was well planned and security officers must now move with speed and arrest all people who part in the killing.
“Within ten minutes after arriving at the funeral how comes they were all dead, it seems as if this was planned,” she said.
Buyu asked leaders to demand answers from duty bearers on behalf of the family so that action is taken to deter such acts in future.
Speaking at Ahero Sub-County Hospital Mortuary when she viewed the bodies of the deceased, Buyu said the attackers used crude weapons to commit the killings.
“How comes the mourners who came to this funeral they had machetes and knives which they used to kill these people?” she posed.
The bodies of six bouncers were recovered Friday night while the seventh person’s body was later found on Sunday in a sugarcane plantation.
Buyu urged Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i to take up the matter and ensure culprits are brought to book.
“Let the CS get to the bottom of this incident to ensure probe is done that anybody who took part in the heinous killing is apprehended,” she said.
Buyu dismissed claims the slain candidates were criminals saying the seven had been hired to provide security, something they did for a living, at the burial in Busia.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.