By their own admission, audit firm KPMG have alluded to many missing components in their reports that was specifically meant to reveal fradudulent activities in Safaricom. But the duplicity of Bob Collymore’s speech is that on one side, he claims to the media that he commissioned the audit, yet witheld most of the information required to conduct a radical surgery in the public company. Again we repeat that Safaricom is a public company and Bob Collymores personal property where he can operate on his own standards.
“We have attempted to include all information relevant to the specific transactions. However it is possible that documents and information exist which were not made available to us, or which we were unable to locate” said the report.
Any documents or information brought to our attention subsequent to the date of this report which would affect the findings listed below, will require our findings to be adjusted and qualified accordingly.
Bob Collymore witheld the followng documents from KPMG which indicates a sinister motive to cover up his corrupt activities.
- Minutes of the Executive Committee.
- Minutes of the Special Projects Committee.
- Minutes of the “One Campus” Steering Committee.
- Executed sale agreement between Safaricom Limited and Ruaraka Diversified Investment Limited.
- Executed deed variations between Safaricom Limited and Ruaraka Diversified Investment Limited.
- Contracts between Ruaraka Diversified Investment Limited and the consortium of professionals undertaking the “One Campus” project design.
- Actual payment patterns under Squad Digital Contract (a ScanGroup Company which we will come too in our continuing serialisation), dated 01st May 2014 with supporting payment documentation.
- Technical details of the purchase orders provided for Huawei CBS contract dated 21st December 2012.
- Technical details for the purchase orders provided for Shimba Technologies contract dated 01st February 2015.
- Purchase orders and accompanying invoices for the NWRFP Contract in relation to the following specific domains: SRAN, Core CS, EPC Domains, CSDB, CBS, FTTx, and Optics Domains.
- Project reports and progress updates for the NWRFP contract in relation to CSDB and CBS domains; and
In relation to the Fibre Space partnership dated 10th April 2015, the following documents were not provided;
- Invoices and payments to card manufacturers in relation to Safaricom purchased cards and purchase orders.
- Actual payment patterns with supporting payment documentation.
- A documented breakdown of the aggregate revenues to date Safaricom has earned from the partnership and;
- Information on the distribution count and location of all the points of sale and cards by Safaricom in relation to the partnership.
- A velocity report from the CMS indicating the time taken at each stage of contract drafting was not provided for review.
- The CBS reconciliations done by the Credit Control together with the resulting payable refunds for the month of July 2015 provided for review was no approved by HOD credit control.
At the time of preparing this report, KPMG had not consulted Robert Spooner on the allegation of exploitation of Safaricom by Actis/Aspire.
With these revelations, it is clear beyond a shadow of doubt that Bob Collymore and his senior managers are complicit and conspired to undermine a comprehensive external audit, with a view to frustrating KPMG and influencing its outcome. But it seems that KPMG is not like the other corrupt company Delloitte which collaborates with corporate managers and receiver managers to loot companies.
By the simple fact that we are shareholders and have been able to detect massive irregularities in Safaricom and its operations, we hereby demand the immediate resignation of Bob Collymore and petition the corrupt members of parliament whose work is to moonlight and extort money from corporates that this is a matter of immense public interest as the Speaker Justin Muturi noted.
We as Kenyans are tired of Bob Collymore.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.