Caption: Social Media User Ben Ogola. Image- Twitter
A Kenyan, Ben Ogola has weighed in, pertaining the Suspension of the editor of this site, Cyprian Nyakundi, by the masters of the universe, Twitter.
The move to cut down Nyakundi’s influence started by slicing his followers by half, a move that shocked many people. If you look at the graph detailing how people lost followers, it was not adding up. I always knew Twitter would suspend me one day, going by the number of paid actors that were reporting my account. So when I was suspended, I was not shocked.
In fact, some people were planted to report my tweets at least twice per day a fact confirmed by Twitter executives that visited the country a few days ago under the invitation of Safaricom and government officials.
The move to bring down my account was planned and employees of ScanGroup, the Local agency that organized the Blaze event that Twitter executives attended early this month always lobbied for the suspension of the popular account.
Twitter is planning to set up an office in Westlands Kenya as they seek to attract more corporates to advertise with them. Twitter has less than 1 Million active monthly users in Kenya as compared to Facebook that has 7.8 Million active monthly users, according to the latest statistics. It is always cheaper and beneficial to advertise with Facebook because of the reach and instant results. We will soon do a comparison to show why advertising with Twitter is a waste of your chimes.
Caption: Twitter Executives at Standard Media Group during their early August visit to Kenya. They met Government officials and attended a Safaricom Blaze event. The Blaze event was organized by Scangroup, an agency whose employees have been lobbying for the suspension of Nyakundi from Twitter.
I have never agreed with Ben Ogola but I like how he has analyzed this issue as opposed to some dimwits that they think they cant be the next to be deplatformed after the masters of the universe are done with Nyakundi. Let’s have a look at Ben Ogola’s Tweets.
1. Considering @Twitter is hosting people like Alex Jones & openly hateful & violent white supremacists, I have a feeling @TwitterSupport is ignoring our request to restore Nyakundi’s free speech account because it feels it DOES NOT owe Africans an explanation.
2. The most important tool for tyrants in Africa is a firm like @Twitter that is willing to be used at a fee to disappear good governance and human rights advocates.
3. @TwitterSupport’s accusations against Nyakundi are bogus but banning him has an impact – his expose of corruption in govt is disabled
4. Nyakundi is THE MOST RELIABLE SOURCE OF INFORMATION on abuse of public office, theft of Kenya taxpayer money and misuse of public property.
@TwitterSupport, we may disagree with his crude language BUT we don’t shoot the messenger. Cc @jack
5. @jack, I understand you have every right to not want some of us to use your app @Twitter but since the people at @TwitterSupport are ignoring us, we come to you to help us understand what Nyakundi did in violation of the app’s rules. Cc @JerryBrownGov
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.