FILE PHOTO: An Apple logo is seen at an Apple store as pre-Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday shopping accelerates at the King of Prussia Mall in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, U.S. November 22, 2019. REUTERS/Mark Makela
(Reuters) – Apple Inc on Monday said it rejects “the characterization that Apple has not provided substantive assistance” in the investigation into a shooting in Pensacola, Florida, last month.
Apple’s comments came after U.S. Attorney General William Barr called the fatal shooting of three Americans by a Saudi Air Force officer at a Florida naval base “an act of terrorism” and called on the technology company to help the Federal Bureau of Investigation unlock two iPhones involved in the case.
In its statement, Apple said it responded to all queries from law enforcement officials and turned over all information that it had access to. The company said it received the first inquiry on Jan. 6 but was not notified of a second iPhone until Jan. 8. It also said its engineering teams “recently had a call to provide additional technical assistance” to the FBI.
Reporting by Stephen Nellis in San Francisco; Editing by Sandra Maler
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.