Google has appointed Agnes Gathaiya as its new country director for its East Africa business.
Agnes will replace Charles Mutoro who was named as the Google’s Director, Sub Saharan Africa, Government Affairs & Public Policy.
Amongst other roles, the country director for East Africa at Google will be responsible for;
- Managing regional operations for East Africa
- Developing & executing the organization’s in-country strategy for innovation and growth in line with Google’s regional priorities and mission, vision, and values
- Contributing to in-country growth of Google products and services such as Search, YouTube, Maps etc.
- Building and managing strategic partnerships, including relationships with leading advertisers, agencies, and clients.
- Attracting advertisers and drive ad revenue growth
From her CV, Agnes has more than 21 years of experience in organizational transformation, focused on developing strategy, and providing commercial leadership in sales and business development.
Before landing a powerful role at Google, Agnes was the CEO of Kenyan digital payments company, Integrated Payment Services Limited (IPSL).
She has also held leadership positions in organizations including Deloitte Consulting, and as an Associate Director, SAP.
In 2015 she served as Chase Bank’s, now SBM bank, as its General Manager-Public Sector and Safaricom as Head of Enterprise Sales SME, Channel and Regional Operations.
Agnes holds a Master’s in Business Administration from United States International University and a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Bryn Mawr College in the USA.
In 2010, Ms Gathaiya was named by Business Daily as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Women in the country.
In April this year, Agnes was named amongst the top 200 women in the Global Fintech power list for driving change in the Fintech space through mentoring and setting up support groups to share experiences of voluntary work.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.