Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Cyprian Is Nyakundi

General

6 beneficiaries of Jonathan Moi’s estate


Two women have won the first round of a succession battle over the estate of the late Jonathan Moi after a court recognised their children as beneficiaries. 

They had demanded that widow Sylvia be denied powers to manage the property alone. Jonathan was the son of retired President Daniel Moi. 

High Court judge Aggrey Muchelule on Tuesday ordered their six children listed as beneficiaries of the multimillion-shilling estate following an agreement entered into by all parties in the case.

Three children belong to Faith Mburu, while two belong to Beatrice Mbuli. The sixth had come on board in the case as an objector. 

The judge also directed the parties to compile and file in court a list of assets and liabilities of the estate in the next two weeks.

Joshua Mutai was also allowed to participate in the case on behalf of creditors. The consent came about after the two women, together with Mutai, filed an objection.

The women had claimed that Sylvia is out to disinherit them. Beatrice and Faith said they were legally married to Jonathan but now face the imminent threat of being denied their share of the estate of their late husband.

They accused Sylvia of claiming to be the only widow and dashing to court to seek letters of administration, to their exclusion.

Sylvia had asked the court to allow her to manage the estate with the aim of paying rent due and rates accrued. At the time of his death, Jonathan owned parcels and was a shareholder in several companies. 

Some of the properties, Sylvia says, have accrued rent and rates whose demands had been made, hence the need to pay to avoid incurring penalties. She informed the court she was in the process of collating her late husband’s properties and it would take time.

In the meantime, she needed a limited grant. Under limited grant, Sylvia indicated she would have no powers to distribute the estate. But Beatrice and Faith read malice, saying she failed to inform them. 

The case will come up for mention on December 11.

(Edited by F’Orieny)



Source link


Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.


Comments

comments

Click to comment

Facebook

You May Also Like

News

*Editor’s Note: This open letter to Safaricom has been published as received. No redactions have taken place to avoid legal issues pending a court...

News

  These pictures you are about to view calls to heart the need to be extremely careful about what you do in the  secret...

News

This is an intervention for Victoria Rubadiri so as to help her revert back to factory settings. We notice your slow drift away into...

News

Caption : Edwin Kigen Who was Murdered in Madaraka Estate. We demand for answers from Boinnet ! Another young man may have been brutally assaulted and...

Copyright © 2020 Cyprian Is Nyakundi.