After raising the #SafaricomExposed issue on Twitter, the issue angered many Kenyans. Many Kenyans gave their views while others questioned why the Kenyan media has stayed out of the debate . After sitting down I came up with reasons why the media has decided to stay out of the debate
1) They are poor Kenyans . The media is owned and run by the Rich, that is why they wont highlight the plight of the 20 Kenyans
2) The Kenyan media earns a lot of money from Safaricom so they wont bite the hand that feeds them . In fact all the negative things about Safaricom to the Kenyan media are blocked.
3) The Kenyan media has adolescent Journalists who dont know what they are doing . I watched when Wanuna was interviewing Bob Collymore and she never asked any questions about complaints Kenyans have have .
4) This case wont help them in any way. The Kenyan media wont raise any issue that will not give them any money. I am sorry .
5 ) They are busy with socialites and other issues . No time to highlight the plight of these Kenyans who were illegally retired after getting Acoustic Shock Syndrome .
6 ) They are waiting to make money out of this story . You know every Kenyan is talking about this story . Many Kenyans are shocked that Safaricom did this to their employees . Now, the Kenyan media will be paid to do damage control and kill the truth. They will write articles and clear these allegations . Yes , that is what we call damage control
7) They dont have time to expose that . They have time for Soap Operas and Afro Cinema but no time to highlight the plight of our brothers and sisters who were abused
8) The Kenyan media and Safaricom are the same . Both thrive by conning Kenyans and abusing their workers . There are many workers who are illegally fired by the media e.t.c . So they see nothing wrong in what Safaricom did
9) I received a text message from one Journalist who told me he tried to highlight this case but it was blocked . So Safaricom is probably oiling the hands of the media poseurs
10) That is how it has been
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: email@example.com. Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.